Chicken Hakka Noodles
Chinese foods made their in-road quite sometime back. Most of the Chinese dishes now got fusioned with Indian food habits & lost their originality. But, the traditional process of making still exists in few. Hakka noodles, which is suppose to be toss fried is often mistakenly cooked like Chowmein!
- Wash chicken and drain-off water completely. Make small cubes.
- Chop the carrots and capsicum in tall shape
- Chop the garlic cloves finely
- Finely chop the green onions and beans.
- Slice the onion finely.
- Slit 3 green chilies
Add the following to the chicken - 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp red chili powder
- 2 tsp ginger-garlic paste
- Little vinegar [rest will be used later]
- 1/2 tsp Soy sauce
Mix all the added ingredients with chicken
Keep the chicken on marination for 10 minutes. [No need to refrigerate]
[While the chicken is marinating, boil the noodles in between]
- Heat 2 liters water in a container on high flame.
- Add some salt and 2 tsp oil to the water
[The oil will prevent the noodles from sticking together]
- Once the water is boiling, add the noodles to it.
[Separate the noodles with a fork head]
- Boil the noodles for about 3 minutes
[Do not boil the noodles completely, stop little before full boil and drain the hot water]
- Wash the noodles in plain running water
[This stops the boiling process and prevent the noodles from turning soft & sticking together]
- Heat a pan / wok on medium high flame
- Add 3 tbsp oil in it
- Once the oil is hot, add the chopped garlic and slitted green chilies. [No. of green chilies depends on your taste and hot factor of it]
- Fry for 25-30 seconds
- Add the sliced onions and fry till the onions are transparent
[Be careful not to over cook any of the vegetables when cooking Hakka noodles, keep them little hard]
- Once the onions are transparent add the marinated chickens
- Fry the chickens only for a minute
[Frying the chicken initially will make it hard. Keep stiring the ingredient while frying]
- Add the chopped carrots & beans to the pan and fry for 1 minute.
[Carrot and beans take little more time to cook, so add them first]
- After frying for a minute, add the chopped capsicum and fry for another 30 seconds.
- Add 1/2 tsp salt.
- Add the chopped scallions and stir everything for 10 seconds.
- Turn the flame from medium-high to low.
- Add chili sauce.
- Then add the tomato sauce.
- Add 1 tsp vinegar.
- Add half of the Soy sauce.
- Mix everything well and saute for few seconds.
- Add 1/2 tsp black pepper powder.
- Stir for 5 seconds and add the boiled noodles.
- Mix the noodles and other ingredients very well.
- Increase the flame back to medium-high.
- Take a spoon and a fork to toss the noodles. If you are confident, you can toss them by the wok/pan handle.
[Hakka noodles are always toss fried]
- Toss fry for 1 minute.
- Add the remaining soy sauce and again toss fry for 2 minutes.
[The boiled noodles are fried for 3-4 minutes in total]
Your cooking is complete. Chicken Hakka noodles makes a great evening snacks. It also makes a very good tiffin for the children.
Nov 03, 2017
I love cooking and gardening. I am a YouTuber and runs the channel SalmaTheChef!