Vegetable Cheese Pasta
Children love it! Very easy to prepare, a no fuss snacks. Veg cheese pasta is the most wanted among the pasta recipes. Unlike the traditional recipe, melting cheese on a tangy pasta makes in very Indian.
- Chopped the onion, carrot, capsicum into fine pieces
- Grate the garlic.
- To make the chili flakes, heat red chilies till it starts sending out strong a smell in a pan and crush it.
[You can use packed chili flakes also]
Cooking Steps 1
- Boil water in a container on medium flame and add 1 tablespoon water & 1/2 tablespoon cooking
[Oil will prevent pasta from sticking with each other]
- Add the pasta in hot water and boil it for 8-10 minutes. By this time pasta will become little transparent and soft.
[Do not over cook pasta, to check press a pasta with a spoon edge, it will cut into 2 pieces]
- While pasta is getting boiled, prepare the tomato puree.
- Cut off the dry hard tomato mouths (stalk joints).
- Take a container and heat water in it.
- Put the tomatoes and boil it, till the skin of the tomatoes start coming off. Stop boiling at that point.
[It generally takes 5-6 minutes]
- Peel off the tomato skins.
- Cut the tomatoes into 4 pieces and grind them in a mixer-grinder to soft tomato puree.
Cooking Steps 2
- By this time, the pasta should be boiled.
- Strain the pasta and cool it with running tap water to stop the boiling process.
- Heat a pan on medium flame and add cooking oil, warm it.
- Add the grated garlic and saute for few seconds
- Add the chopped onion and saute for another 1/2 minute.
- Add the chopped carrots, mix them well and saute for another 2 minutes.
[till the carrots get little soft]
- Add the chopped capsicum.
- Add little salt for taste and saute for 30-45 seconds.
[Please note, pasta masala also contains salt, so add accordingly]
- Add the black pepper powder, chili flakes and oregano (if used). Mix them well
- Add the tomato puree, mix them and saute for few seconds.
- Add the pasta masala powder, basil leaves, tomato ketchup, little sugar and mix well.
[If you cannot get basil leaves, you can use dry basil herb]
- Add a cup of water and saute for another 2 minutes.
- Add 20g shredded cheese (any type you prefer) and then the boiled pasta.
- Mix well and saute to another 2 minutes.
Cooking is complete, your delicious Veg Pasta is ready.
Sep 07, 2017
I love cooking and gardening. I am a YouTuber and runs the channel SalmaTheChef!