Egg Chicken Roll Recipe
Kolkata Chicken Rolls are just great! Some of the best chciken-egg rolls are available at many corners of Kolkata. Crispy parathas folded with egg, chicken & little vegetable makes your evening snacks experience awesome.
- Wash the chicken and drain-off water completely.
- Make small cubes of chicken.
- Chop the capsicum into small pieces.
- Finely chop 2 green chilies.
- Make paste of 2 green chilies.
- Cut the lemon in 2 halves.
- Slice the onions finely.
- Whip the yogurt.
Add the following to the chicken - 1/2 tsp salt
- Few drops of lemon juice
Mix them together and then add the following:
- 1/2 tsp red chili powder
- 1 tsp ginger-garlic paste
- Turmeric powder
- Green chili paste
- Little garam masala powder
- Tandoori chicken masala
- Whipped yogurt
- 1 tsp cooking oil
Now, mix all the added ingredients with chicken
- Keep the chicken on marination for 20-25 minutes. [No need to refrigerate. Marination enhance the taste of chicken]
[While the chicken is marinating, prepare the flour dough]
- Add 1/2 tsp salt to the flour.
- Add 1 tsp sugar.
- Add 2 tsp cooking oil.
- Mix them together
- Now, add milk to the flour little at a time in steps.
[Adding milk increase the taste of the rolls]
- Mix the flour
- Add little water and mix the flour to make a smooth dough.
- Then add little oil and again mix the dough.
- Keep the dough covered, while you cook the chicken.
[The dough will become more smooth and soft]
- Heat pan on medium flame.
- Add 1 tsp oil in the pan and heat it.
- Once the oil is hot, add some of the sliced onions.
[Rest will used at the end of cooking & during rolling time]
- Fry the onions for a minute.
- Add the marinated chicken and saute for 3-4 minutes
- Reduce the flame to low medium.
[In meantime, water will be released from chicken]
- After 3-4 minutes saute, reduce the flame to low.
- Cover the pan and cook for another 5 minutes on low flame.
[No need to add water, the water released from chicken will be enough to cook]
- After 5 minutes, open the cover and cook another 1 minute.
[Check salt, if need add now. Shift the chicken and keep aside. We will use the same pan to cook capsicum]
- Heat the same pan on medium high flame
- Add some of the sliced onion and capsicum in it
- Saute for 2 minutes
- Now, add the cooked chicken and saute on low flame for 2 minutes
[The capsicum was not added earlier, as it would have over cooked the capsicum]
- The chicken is cooked, turn off the flame
Making paratha for Rolls
- Make 4 balls from the dough.
- One by one, roll the balls on a rolling board and palm.
- Flatten out the flour balls with a rolling pin (Belan).
- Increase the paratha flour spread with hand as much possible without tearing it.
- Brush some oil over it
- Now, roll the flour spread from a side [It is round, just choose any point]
- Once the spread is rolled, twist it in spiral coil shape from one end. And press in the loose end into the center
[It will again become a round ball. Check the above video to know in details]
- Now, roll this ball flat [Keep medium thickness].
- Similarly, make the other dough balls.
[Rolling the spread, coil it in and re-rolling to flat spread make the paratha crispy]
Baking paratha for Rolls
- Heat a tawa on low-medium flame.
- Once the tawa heats up, add the rolled paratha spread.
- Once little baked, turn it upside down.
[while the 2nd side is getting baked, whip a egg with a pinch of salt and keep it ready]
- Brush some oil over it
- Again, turn it upside down
- Brush some oil on this side too
[Fry the paratha only lightly. Little light brown mark on the parathas is an indication]
- Now, lift the paratha with a spud in one hand. Add little oil and pour the whipped egg on tawa
- Then put the paratha back on the egg.
- Lightly press the paratha with a spud and fry the egg.
- Turn the paratha upside down and fry for few seconds and put aside.
[Fry the other parathas similary]
Rolling Egg Chicken Rolls
- Take a fried egg paratha.
- Spread a pinch of chat masala.
- Add cooked chicken in adequate amount.
- Add some sliced onions
[I have not used cucumber as it makes the rolls watery and make it lose its crispness. If you like, you can add it]
- Sprinkle some drop of lemon juice
- Add few chopped green chili [optional]
- Add the tomato sauce
- Add the green chili sauce
- Add the mustard sauce
- Now, roll the paratha to lock in the ingredients
- Take a plain paper to wrap one end of the roll, so the roll does not opens up
[Added sauce and vegetables can vary depending on your taste]
Your Egg Chicken Roll is complete. Eat the rolls hot to get the full taste. It makes a great evening snacks and loved by all